How To Reset Redmi Phone – Full Guide 2023
Have you forgotten your mi phone password, or is your phone hanging continuously, but you do not know How To Reset Mi Phone in order to fix the issue? Don’t worry; this post is for you, as here you’ll get to know all about the Mi Phone Factory Reset.
Resetting a device is considered to be a necessary action in many situations. Suppose, for instance, that your Xiaomi smartphone has slowed down over the years; resetting it could revitalize that device.
Moreover, In case you are considering selling your Xiaomi smartphone soon, it is advisable to reset it first to prevent your data from being lost.
We will give you in this article a step-by-step guide on how to reset your Xiaomi smartphone in the easiest and safest way possible. You can make the resetting process a cakewalk for yourself if you follow the steps carefully.
So let’s get started.
How To Reset Mi Phone?
There are a number of ways to reset a mi phone. However, I will discuss 4 of the easiest and safest ways to do so, which will allow you to reset your Xiaomi Redmi phone.
All of the steps that are required for the procedure are divided into different sections and are different from each other in some way.
Therefore, whichever you like, you can use it for the resetting of your Redmi Phone.
How To Soft Reset a Xiaomi Phone?
It can be described as a relatively simple resetting procedure that basically involves restarting all the processes on your phone after a soft reset.
There may be chances that your Xiaomi smartphone is running slowly or has frozen while an app or instance has been running.
In such a case, a soft reset may suffice to fix the problem, and you do not have to resort to a more thorough factory reset.
Furthermore, common problems such as network connectivity issues, sensor malfunctions, and many more common issues can also be quickly resolved by performing a soft reset.
The following are the steps you need to follow in order to soft reset your Xiaomi smartphone:
- To begin, find where your phone’s power button is located
- When the power button is pressed and held for a few seconds, the power menu will appear on the screen
- Tap on the Restart option.
- The system will restart once the process is complete.
- That’s it!
Therefore, the obvious conclusion is that soft resetting your Xiaomi smartphone is a relatively straightforward process that can effectively fix common problems without harming its performance.
In the event that you are unable to initiate the process of restarting your Xiaomi smartphone when you press and hold the power button for around a couple of seconds, you should continue holding it for around 10 seconds.
How to reset Xiaomi phone using the android setting?
The following procedure explains how to format a MI Phone using the phone settings:-
- Go to the settings of your MI Xiaomi Redmi phone.
- Find the About phone option in settings. You can also search it in the search option in the mi settings.
- Choose the factory reset option from there.
- To erase all data (Factory Reset), click the Erase all data option below.
- After clicking the Erase all data option, click Reset.
- After waiting for a few seconds, click Next.
- Next, click OK.
- There is now a waiting period of a few minutes until the Process of Resetting is completed.
- In order to set up your phone (after turning it on), you will need to select the language and enter the username and password of your Google account if you have already signed in.
Using the android phone settings, you may perform a format of any MI Xiaomi Redmi phone. This guide will help you with the process.
How To Reset Mi Phone With Power Button?
The following procedure explains How To Reset Mi Phone With Power Button:
- Power off your Redmi phone by pressing the power button.
- Hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously in order to turn the phone off.
- As soon as the menu appears, you should release all these buttons.
- Click on the boot mode option.
- To select the Recovery Mode, press the Volume Up button after you have scrolled the pointer to the Recovery Mode, and then press the Volume Down button.
- Press the Power button to get into the Android system recovery menu once the Android is lying down on its side with a red hazard box.
- Select the wipe data/factory reset option by pressing the Volume Down button to highlight it and selecting it by pressing the Volume Up button.
- The Android system recovery screen will appear.
- Click on the Yes – delete all user data option and then press the Volume up button to select it.
- This will delete all user data from the device.
- You will be taken back to the main menu of Android’s system recovery after wiping out the data.
- Now, select the reboot the system to reboot the smartphone.
How to Hard Reset MI phone using a Google account?
This method is mainly used to protect privacy when someone loses their mi phone to format their phone using another phone and a google account.
As well as this method, you may also use it to erase your device through the find my device portal provided by your Google account.
The device that you want to format does not have to be touched if the Google account that you are signed into is already logged into it. There is a way for you to reset that phone using another phone by logging into your Google account from another phone.
The Google account signed on your smartphone will be automatically connected with the google find my device portal, which allows you to manage your smartphone devices.
To proceed, you will simply need to sign in to Google Find my device in the phone that you will be formatting using the same Google account that you have with the mi phone you want to format.
You can follow the instructions given below to find out how to reset your phone using Google Find My Device:-
- In order to use Google to find my device, you will have to install the Google Play Store app on your other Android smartphone. On the other hand, you can also use the Google.com/android/find website to apply the same process.
- Just click on the Sign in as a guest option.
- Once you have done that, you will have to sign in to your Google account with the same account that is linked to the phone you want to format. Click on “Next” and enter the email address associated with your phone.
- You will also be prompted to enter a password for the email.
- As you can see in the screenshot below, click on the option to Erase the Device.
- From there, tap on the option to Erase the Device.
- Once you have confirmed the formatting of my phone, select the option to erase it.
Through Google Find My Device, you can efficiently conduct the process of resetting your phone. Thus, by following the instructions above, you would have learned how to reset MI phone by just following the steps above.
Things to know before formatting your Mi phone:
The following are essential things to know before you begin to format your android device.
The process will result in a factory reset, which means that all data on your phone will be lost. Thus, it is very important that you back up all essential files and data before formatting the phone.
Make sure that your Mi phone has at least 50% of battery life remaining before you proceed with the format. This way, your phone will not die while it’s still in the process of deleting all data on it.
Also, You should not interrupt the reset process, as it might damage your Xiaomi smartphone.
In this case, make sure to charge your device before continuing with the process.
Is the process for factory resetting the Mi phone the same for all models?
Yes, this is the case. You can use the same process to reset your Mi phone or Mi A1, Mi Max, or Redmi Note 5 Pro. Or you can go to the phone’s settings and find the option that says factory reset. There, you can restart, and factory reset your MI device.
How to bypass the Google account on my phone if I forget my password after resetting?
Use your friend’s mobile or laptop to reset your Gmail account password, then login into your mobile phone to proceed to the setup, and your phone will be opened successfully.
What else will I lose after resetting my phone?
Besides wiping out the purposes that are there in your phone, you will also lose system updates, if any. Moreover, there might be some bugs and issues as well with your mi device after it is formatted.
How to remove the official MI account from an Android phone before a factory reset?
If you want to remove the official MI account from your Xiaomi Redmi phone, simply go to Settings> Mi Account > Tap the log-out option. After that, it will be removed from your device.
So this was a guide to how to hard reset your MI phone, whether it’s a Mi6, Mi5, Redmi 4A, or Redmi 3S. I recommend you guys try out any of these methods and reset your device.
So, that’s how you can reset and format your Xiaomi device. All manuals are just to help out with any issue. If you have any other queries, drop them in our comment section.
Have fun! If you find it useful, do share it with others and if there are any queries, comment below. I would love to help you further. Meanwhile, stay tuned with us for more updates like this.
Originally posted 2022-08-05 15:00:00.