Have a Jio phone and want to share the internet with someone else on it, but you don’t know How To Turn On a Jio Phone Hotspot or How To Share the Internet With A Jio Phone? Don’t worry; you’ll learn everything there is to know about Jio Phone Hotspot Online here.
There have been times when the phone’s internet has been fully used, and we have only the Jio phone’s data left, so we always thought it would be super awesome if we shared the internet from the Jio phone with others.
The other thing about the Jio phone users is that they receive a free internet package for six months, so most of us want to take advantage of it by sharing the internet with another device.
Is it the same with you? You do not have to worry about it; there are ways to enable hotspot in a Jio phone as well as share Jio phone internet with other devices.
You will get through it all, then all you have to do is follow the steps, and you will be able to share the internet. So let’s get started.
Can we connect Jio phone internet to another device?
The answer is yes. You can easily connect your Jio phone to a computer/laptop and an Android mobile phone by following a few steps.
It is worth mentioning that, as of now, Jio Phone Operating Software does not have any direct method through which you can share your internet with other Jio users.
There are a few procedures that you will have to follow in order to be able to use the Jio phone as a WiFi & USB tethering device to connect to the internet on your PC or smartphone.
Let’s find out what techniques or methods below we can use for sharing the internet from Jio phones to laptops as well as mobile devices.
How To Turn On Hotspot In Jio Phone?
There are many methods to enable the hotspot in a Jio phone. However, here I’ll be discussing four ways that are working and look easier for you in order to share the internet with the Jio phone.
But note that you must have a Jio SIM card inserted in your Jio phone to complete this process, so it won’t work if the mobile has no Sim installed.
How to Turn on Hotspot in a Jio phone using the Hotspot app through OmnisD?
Let’s get started with the first one. In this method, you’ll need to follow the steps below in order to enable hotspot in your Jio phone.
- The first thing that you will need to do is download the OmniSD application on your Jio phone. [click here to know the guide on how to install omniSD on your phone]
- Now, Download the JGHotspot zip file to your computer or mobile device.
- Connect your Jio Phone to your laptop or pc using a USB Cable for the purpose of transferring data between them.
- Upon connecting, you then have to move/copy and paste that JGhotspot zip file into the download folder of your Jio phone’s internal storage after you have connected.
- Your Jio phone will display the JGhotspot file as soon as you open the OmniSD app. All you have to do is to click on the install option.
- When you click the install button, you will receive a notification that the installation has been successful. After that, simply go back to the home screen on your Jio phone, and then the JGHotspot app will automatically appear.
- Using the JGHotspot application, you will now be able to activate the hotspot on your Jio Phone, and you will see that the hotspot symbol will be visible on the middle screen of the device.
- The moment you open the JGHotspot app, a password of the hotspot of your Jio Phone appears, requiring it to be entered into your phone or laptop to be able to connect to the internet.
- The WiFi has been successfully connected to your Jio phone as soon as you turn on the WiFi on your PC or Mobile and enter a password that is configured on the hotspot of the Jio phone. You can now use the internet from your Jio phone on a computer or through your smartphone.
How to Turn on Hotspot using the official method?
Previously, there was an option for turning on a hotspot in the KaiOS operating system of Jio phones that Jio launched. There was a hotspot option that appeared in the settings of the Jio phones for those users that had upgraded their Kaios version.
After some days, however, the Jio had closed down the Hotspot facility due to some unknown reason, and, thus, the Hotspot option had vanished from every Jio phone that had it.
It is likely that Jio is going to launch this hotspot feature in the future. In this situation, there is no official method for enabling hotspots that are currently available.
However, if the hotspot is available on your phone, you can follow the below method to activate it.
- Open the settings on your JioPhone
- Now, go to the “Internet sharing” option.
- Click on “WiFi hotspot.”
- To make Jio’s phone work as a hotspot, just select “On” from there
In order to allow other devices connected through WiFi to share the internet with your Jio phone, you need to enable this in the Settings section of the Jio phone.
You can enable this feature on the Jio phone, so the connected device will be able to share the internet from the Jio phone if you have enabled this feature.
In this way, you can limit the amount of data that is shared over the Jio Phone Hotspot.
How to connect Jio phone internet to pc using a USB cable?
So here we have the third option that you can follow for connecting Jio phone internet to laptop or pc using USB Cable.
The best thing about this method is that all users of Jio can use it. It also works better than any other method, as far as I know.
You will be able to share the internet with your Jio phone in an effortless way by following these steps.
- Download and install the Qualcomm Driver on your computer or laptop. You will need to follow the steps below in order to install the Qualcomm USB Driver on your Jio phone:-
- Click this link to download Qualcomm Driver on your System.
- Whenever you click the link, you will be able to see a Download button, as you can see in the screenshot below.
- Once you have downloaded the Zip file, extract it. To do this, right-click and then select the extract option.
- The process of extracting it will result in a new folder with the same number as you extract it. So, open that folder.
- To run the Setup .exe file as an administrator, right-click the .exe file and choose Run as administrator.
- This will initiate the setup process. Click Next a few times to complete the setup process.
- In the next step, you will need to select the option to accept the terms of the license agreement and then click on the Next button.
- In order to install the program, click on the Install option, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Once the installation has been completed, click on the Finish button.
Your Jio phone’s cellular data should be turned off. You will also need to turn off the USB storage on your Jio phone. The following steps will show you how to do so –
- Navigate to the settings menu, then go to the storage section.
- On the left-hand side, open the USB Storage option.
- Click on the Disable button.
Your computer or laptop’s USB port should be connected to the USB cable of your Jio Phone.
Lastly, you will be able to connect your Jio phone to your PC instantly within minutes.
- How to Record Calls in a Jio Phone
- How To Use Jio Phone Sim In Smartphone
- How to Reset Jio Phone Password
- OmniSD File Download for Jio Phone
What is the Jio hotspot?
Jio Hotspot is a feature that gives you a wireless connection to the internet. The fantastic thing about it is that it is free for all users. This also means that you do not need to pay any charges in order to use this service.
What is the Official method for connecting Jio Phone internet to a Laptop or PC?
There is no official method for connecting a JioPhone to a Laptop or PC as of now, so you have to use 3rd party methods in order to share the internet from a Jio phone.
How can I connect with my Jio phone on a laptop or PC?
Connecting with your Jio phone using a USB cable is the easiest way of all.
How can I make my Laptop or PC connected to a Jio hotspot?
You will be able to connect your Jio phone with your laptop or pc using a USB cable.
That’s all about how to use a Jio hotspot on pc or laptop with the help of 3 different methods, and we hope you will find this article helpful.
You can ask anything regarding connecting Jio phone internet to PC in the comment section below. We are always happy to help.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and family members on social media, too, who might be having trouble connecting the Jio 4g mobile internet to a PC.