Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games. Whether you take your first step into PC gaming or are already an experienced veteran, Steam has something to offer everyone, no matter their skill level.
Blocking users on Steam is a great way to appear offline to specific users without signing out of friends entirely.
Sometimes though, a wayward click can result in accidentally blocking the wrong person. Luckily, Steam makes it easy to unblock users.
Have You recently blocked someone on Steam? They’re gone now, but you can’t shake the feeling that they might be due for a return visit. How do you unblock them?
If this sounds like your situation, I’m here to help. How to Unblock Someone on Steam is easy when you know how (and thanks to Steam’s great customer service, it’s a quick process).
How to Unblock Someone on Steam
The first step is to open Steam and click on the “Steam” menu in the top left corner of the window. From there, select “Your user name”
This will take you to a new flash menu with a variety of different settings, but the one we’re looking for is “Friends”
Locate the “Block user(s)” section and click “Manage Blocked Users.”
This will open a list of everyone you’ve blocked on Steam. Find the offending user in the list and select “Unblock Selected User(s).” Then click “Unblock.” That’s it; they should be unblocked.
However, I also recommend verifying that they are no longer blocked by going back to the “Privacy Settings” window and checking the “Block user(s)” section.
If you no longer want to see this user in your friend’s list, you can hide them instead. To do this, open Steam and click on the “Games” menu in the top left corner of the window. From there, select “Add a Game.” This will open a new window with all of your installed games.
Locate the game you want to add the user to and select it. This will take you to that game’s information page. Select the “Friends” tab at the top of the page, then click on the “Friends Setup” button.
Find the user you want to hide and select “Hide this Friend.” Then click “Ok” at the bottom of the window.
This will prevent you from seeing any future messages or game invites posted by that user. However, they will still be able to see your profile and send you friend requests.
How to Unblock Someone in the Steam Mobile App:
To unblock someone on stream, simply follow the below-mentioned steps, and you will be able to do it very easily.
- First, install the Steam mobile app and log in with your steam id.
- To unblock someone on the Steam app, you have to open the settings menu.
- Now tap “friends.” From there, you will be able to select your blocked list.
- Just choose one of your friends that have been blocked and tap “unblock.”
How to know someone has blocked me or not:
There is an easy way to check if someone has blocked you on Steam. All you need to do is go on the person’s profile and see his/her friends list and see if that user has blocked anyone or not.
By default, Steam will show you the list of users with whom the user is friends. Just go to his/her profile and check there.
– If that user has blocked anyone, then you won’t be able to see them on his/her friend list.
– Also, if your friend’s list status says ‘Online’/’Offline,’ then it means that the user is available or not on Steam. It is not related to blocking.
– If the user has hidden you, then you will still see him on your friend list, but his profile picture and name would be hidden, and he won’t be able to chat with you.
– If someone had blocked you in the past and has unblocked you now, then you will still see them as ‘Online’ on your friend’s list. You need to re-add them for this to be effective.
– If you want to know if someone blocked me on Steam, go directly to his profile. If he is online, it means that he didn’t block you.
Blocking someone on Steam is a great way to hide your online status from them. It also prevents them from seeing your profile and sending you friend requests. If you change your mind, unblocking someone is also easy.
That’s all for this article! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask in the comments below & if you liked the post, don’t forget to share it with your friends. And as always, stay safe and have fun gaming!