If you’re having trouble adding friends on steam, there are a few possible reasons. In this article, we’ll help you troubleshoot the problem and get back to gaming with your buddies!
Sometimes, you may find that you cannot add friends on steam. This can be frustrating if you are looking to play games with friends but don’t know what is causing the problem.
There are a few things that you can check to try and resolve the issue. To do the, follow the below-mentioned process; I’m sure you’ll be able to try to troubleshoot the issues.
So without any further ado, let’s begin.
Why Can’t I Add Friends On Steam?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to add friends on steam. You may not be able to add friends if:
- You aren’t logged in to the correct Steam account
- Your friend is playing a game and isn’t online. Try waiting or messaging them.
- Your friend may have blocked you from adding them as a friend on steam. You can ask them if they’ll unblock you via the chat feature.
- Your friend’s privacy settings may not allow you to add them as a friend on steam. Try sending them a group chat request instead.
- They may have recently moved to a new country, and their Steam account may be set to the wrong region for your current location.
Steam can’t add friends: Troubleshooting Guide
First, make sure that you are logged into your Steam account and that you are using the correct username and password. If you are having trouble logging in, you can reset your password from right there.
#Search with Right Name:
The next thing you want to check is that you are searching for your friend’s name correctly. Make sure that you are spelling their name correctly and that you are using the correct capitalization.
If you are still unable to add your friend, they may have blocked you, or they may not be online at the moment.
You can also try to add them again later, but if there is a specific time when you usually play games with your friends, you may want to check what time it is where they live.
#New Steam Accounts Can’t Add Friends:
If you have just created a new Steam account, you will not be able to add friends until you verify your email address. This is an anti-spam measure that Valve has put in place to help protect users from fraudulent activities.
To verify your email address:
- Open the Steam client and click on the “Steam” menu at the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Select “Account” and go to “Manage Steam Guard Account Security” under the “Security” tab as shown below.
New Steam account users cannot add new friends; you will need to wait before adding new friends. New accounts must befriend and play with within one week of creation.
After seven days, your account is automatically removed from the blocked list, and you can add as many people as you want. If after one week you are still blocked from adding friends, try the troubleshooting steps listed above.
#1: If you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps and are still unable to add friends on steam, there may be a problem with your computer or network settings. If so, you will need to contact your ISP or anti-virus provider to help you resolve this issue.
#2: If you are able to log in but still cannot add friends, there may be a problem with your computer’s security settings. Make sure that steam is allowed to access your contacts list and that your firewall is not blocking steam from accessing the internet.
- Steam Tuesday Maintenance: All You Need to Know
- How To Fix Steam Corrupted Content Files
- How to see Recently Played With in Steam?
- Easy ways to Unblock someone on steam
That’s it for steam can’t add friends; I hope you got to know what you were looking for. Still, if you have any queries, comment down below. I would love to answer that further.
Don’t forget to share the post with your friends if you enjoyed it and found it useful so they won’t get in trouble in the future related to any can’t add friends in the stream.
Originally posted 2022-07-13 11:00:00.